Hong Kong, the Pearl of the Orient. Situated on the Pearl River Delta, this former British colony offers tradition, modernity, entertainment, and so much more. From concrete jungle to tropical beaches, Hong Kong has something for everyone. If you"e;re planning a vacation, Hong Kong just might be the perfect travel destination. We"e;ve compiled a list of our favorite 10 things to do. All of the items on our list are either free or less than US$ 5 - so you"e;ll usually just have to pay for transportation. We had a hard time picking and organizing just top ten things to do. We based our top ten list on affordability, authenticity, and awesomeness.
10.Tian Tan Buddha 天壇大佛 & Po Lin Monastery 寶蓮禪寺 0:53 Entrance Fee : Free Transportation from Tung Chung MTR : Ngong Ping Cable Car (round-trip) = HK$168 | http://www.np360.com.hk/en/booking/np360-ticketing-information.html Bus 23 =HK$17.2
9. Hong Kong Museum of History 香港歷史博物館 1:26 Entrance Fee : HK$10 | Free on Wednesdays Transportation : Take Exit F at Tsim Sha Tsui MTR Station | http://www.museums.gov.hk/web/portal/plan-your-visit.html
8. Wan Chai Street Market 灣仔街市 1:55 Price : Free Transportation : Take Exit A3 at Wan Chai MTR Station
7. Hong Kong Park 香港公園 2:53 Price : Free Transportation : Take Exit C1 at Admirality MTR Station
6. Eat t吃飯 3:57 Transportation : Follow your nose
5. Happy Valley Racecourse 跑馬地馬場 4:54 Entrance Fee : HK$10 Transportation : Take the tram (Ding Ding) to Happy Valley or take exit A from Causeway Bay and walk 20 minutes
4. Star Ferry 天星小輪 & Victoria Harbour 維多利亞港 5:55 Price : HK$2-3.4 Transportation : Central MTR Exit A | Tsim Sha Tsui MTR Exit L6 | Wan Chai MTR Exit A1
3. Tai O Village 大澳 6:45 Price : Free | Pink Dolphin Boat = HK$25 Transportation : Take MTR to Tung Chung then take Bus 11 to Tai O
2. Ride the Ding Ding搭叮叮 8:55 Price : HK$2.3 Run from 5:30 am - 12:30 am daily
1. Victoria Peak太平山 10:01 Price : Free Transportation : Tramway from Central Exit J2 (Adult round-trip HK$40 ; one-way HK$28 / Children round-trip HK$18; one-way HK$11) Be advised : The line is usually very long Bus 15 from Exchange Square Bus Terminus, Central MTR Station Exit D ($HK9.8)
** Public Transportation (i.e. bus, tram, mtr) ticket prices are for adults. Child tickets are half the price.
Check out our blog for more information : https://forevertheforeigner.wordpress.com/2015/01/21/hong-kong-top-10/ Follow us on twitter @wanderingNchina Like us on facebook : https://www.facebook.com/WanderinginChina
Awesome music we used : Gold Coast by Jens Kiilstofte | https://machinimasound.com/music/gold-coast | Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Infectious by Tobu | http://www.youtube.com/tobuofficial First to Last by Gunnar Olsen